Tell A Friend
Save To Job Cart
Job Title: Physical Therapy Assistant, Home Health - PRN
Alliance Oklahoma Home Health
PRN, as needed
Unique Opportunity for a Physical Therapy Assistant with a Home Health Leader -
Become A Senior Advocate!
ALLIANCE OKLAHOMA HOME HEALTH, WESTERN OKLAHOMA is an exciting joint venture with Almost Family, a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For over 30 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.
Why consider choosing a career with us? Because we are committed to helping you achieve your goals. As a member of our Senior Advocacy Care Team, we are confident you will achieve more for your career with industry-leading specialty programs that enhance care and promote better outcomes for patients. Receive courses to advance your skills as a geriatric specialist. You will also enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, competitive pay, and flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle. If a long tradition of world-class caring is important to you, consider joining our team. You'll feel right at home.
Summary: The physical therapy assistant contracted or employed through the Agency provides home physical therapy services, with accompanying clinical documentation and follow-up, under the direction of the physical therapist and according to the physician's plan of care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The statements below are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents in this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
• Provides direct physical therapy according to directions of physical therapist and in accordance with the physician's plan of care.
• Treats patient to relieve pain, develop or restore function, and maintain maximum performance.
• Directs and aids patients in active and passive therapeutic exercises, muscle reeducation, gait and functional training, transfer activities and prosthetic training.
• Utilizes physical agents, including, but not be limited to heat, cold, water, light, electricity, ultrasound and massage.
• Observes and reports to the physical therapist and the Agency personnel the patient’s reaction to treatment
and any changes in patient’s condition.
• Instructs patients in care and use of wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes, and prosthetic or orthotic devices.
• Maintains necessary records; clinical notes and conference notes, which will be incorporated into the
patient’s clinical record in prescribed time frames.
• Should be good steward of all agency financial resources, including but not limited to arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services needed.
• Performs duties in accordance of and under the direction/supervision as defined by the Agency’s
• Follows agency policies and procedures. Maintains confidentiality of patients and agency information.
• Participates in appropriate team conferences, staff meetings, in-service and committees with physicians and agency staff to ensure continuity of care.
• Completes and submits all documentation, including clinical and progress notes in a timely manner according to agency policy.
• Attends in-service and education as required.
• Adheres to Federal/ State guidelines rules regulations, statutes and law.
• Follows the Code of Conduct policy.
• Complies with corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Current licensure in state and CPR certification.
• Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
• Active/current agency health requirements.
• Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills;
physical therapy skills per competency checklist.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Database software. Must be proficient in the use of a PC and Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Word)
• Occasionally (up to 33%) -Bending, Squatting, Climbing, Lifting 50+ lbs, Carrying 50+ lbs, Pushing up to 300 lbs.
• Frequently (34-66%) - Sitting, Walking, Standing, Kneeling, Twisting,
• Continuously (67-100%) – Sitting, Lifting up to 50 lbs, Carrying up to 50 lbs.
Visual, Hearing and Health Requirements:
Must be able to see with corrective eye wear, Must be able to hear clearly with assistance.
Education: Graduate of an accredited physical therapy assistant program with either an Associate’s degree in
science or applied science that is approved by American Physical Therapy Association, Inc.
Experience: Minimum of one (1) or more years’ experience in acute care facility, skilled nursing facility or in home
Almost Family, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package that helps safe guard your health and well- being, and provides savings options for you and your family. We offer the following benefits to full time employees:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Life and Accidental Death Insurance
• Voluntary Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
• Paid vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
• 401-k Retirement Plan
If you have a passion for seniors, a special place awaits you on our Senior Advocacy Team!
Tell A Friend
Save To Job Cart